This webinar takes a deep dive into residency tax issues for Corporates and Trusts. The webinar will provide attendees
with an in depth understanding of the residency tax rules and issues that apply to these entities, together with some
practical solutions to common issues.
- Tax residency rules for companies and Trusts under the domestic tax legislation versus Double Tax Agreements.
- Self Determination v Determination from a competent authority – eligibility requirements and process.
- Specific Trust issues including the application of the DTA, where the Trustees are resident, NZ resident settlors and
migration to NZ.
The webinar will provide attendees with an in depth understanding of the tax residency rules applying to Corporates and
The webinar will enable attendees to more effectively advise their clients in relation to planning for a residency change and to
address issues where residency has already changed.
Total CPD Hours: 1.25
- Accountants of all levels, particularly those advising on company tax residency issues and advising trustees, settlors and/or beneficiaries on tax residency implications for trusts.
- Lawyers and other professionals dealing with new residents.
Richard Muth, Manager – Tax Advisory, Findex/Crowe
Richard is an experienced taxation practitioner at Findex / Crowe having more than 10 years of experience with
clients ranging from large multinational groups, Australasian groups, New Zealand based SMEs along with high
net worth individuals.
A core specialty of Richard’s is helping those who are looking to call New Zealand home understand what this
means for them from a tax viewpoint. Richard also helps those looking to take up opportunities overseas understand
how New Zealand will or will not tax them while they are away.
- 3 June 2020
2:00 pm - 3:15 pm