This webinar takes a deep dive into residency tax issues for individuals and will provide attendees with an in depth
understanding of the residency tax rules. The webinar will also provide attendees with the ability to ensure that their
clients have structured their affairs to minimise the tax impact of a residency change.
- Tax residency rules under the domestic tax legislation versus Double Tax Agreements
- What is a permanent home, where did it land?
- What to consider for personal and economic ties
- The transitional resident exemption, and what happens next?
- Individuals working offshore, fly in fly out positions, living between two countries
- Planning opportunities
The webinar will provide attendees with an in depth understanding of the tax residency rules applying to individuals.
The webinar will enable attendees to more effectively advise their clients in relation to planning for a residency change
and to address issues where residency has already changed.
Total CPD Hours: 1
- Accountants of all levels, particularly those advising individuals on tax residency issues.
- Lawyers and other professionals dealing with new residents.
Richard Muth, Manager – Tax Advisory, Findex/Crowe
Richard is an experienced taxation practitioner at Findex / Crowe having more than 10 years of experience with
clients ranging from large multinational groups, Australasian groups, New Zealand based SMEs along with high
net worth individuals.
A core specialty of Richard’s is helping those who are looking to call New Zealand home understand what this
means for them from a tax viewpoint. Richard also helps those looking to take up opportunities overseas understand
how New Zealand will or will not tax them while they are away.
- 19 May 2020
10:00 am - 11:00 am