This webinar takes a deep dive into residency tax issues for individuals and will provide attendees with an in depth
understanding of the residency tax rules. The webinar will also provide attendees with the ability to ensure that their
clients have structured their affairs to minimise the tax impact of a residency change.
- Tax residency rules under the domestic tax legislation versus Double Tax Agreements
- What is a permanent home, where did it land?
- What to consider for personal and economic ties
- The transitional resident exemption, and what happens next?
- Individuals working offshore, fly in fly out positions, living between two countries
- Planning opportunities
The webinar will provide attendees with an in depth understanding of the tax residency rules applying to individuals.
The webinar will enable attendees to more effectively advise their clients in relation to planning for a residency change
and to address issues where residency has already changed.
Total CPD Hours: 1
- Accountants of all levels, particularly those advising individuals and entities on tax residency issues
- Lawyers and other professionals dealing with new residents
Angela Hodges, Associate Partner, Findex/Crowe
Angela is an Associate Partner with Findex/Crowe in the Waikato. She has over 11 years’ experience in providing specialist taxation
advice and has extensive experience in the R&D space. Angela is an experienced presenter with TEO Training.
- 19 May 2020
10:00 am - 11:00 am