This webinar will assist practitioners who advise clients regarding their Residential Care Subsidy (RCS) applications or expectations.
RCS applications have two components. The first is the means test, the second is the income assessment. This webinar will start with an overview of the means and income assessment for RCS purposes and how these are conducted post the Broadbent case.
Other issues/areas covered in the webinar will include the following:
- The application process
- Excess gifting
- Exempt assets and income
Upon satisfactory completion of this activity you will be able to:
- Understand the rules and requirements of the RCS
- Advise clients regarding long term asset and estate planning in contemplation of the RCS
- Avoid structures that are ineffectual for RCS purposes
This webinar is suited to:
- All practitioners involved in long term asset and estate planning
- Advisors with elderly clients.
- Anybody with elderly family members
Mike Hadwin, Director, Symmetry Advisory
Mike is a regular presenter for TEO Training. You’ll learn from Mike’s 30-plus years of experience as a public CA and facilitator. His clear presentation style enables you to quickly understand and apply practical learning concepts to common situations you may face in your role.
- 13 April 2021
10:00 am - 11:15 am