The webinar will address the following topics:
- The tax considerations of when a personal relationship ends
- What is a Relationship Property Agreement (RPA)?
- What is a “settlement of relationship property”?
- Income tax implications of asset transfers under a RPA, including land, personal property and depreciable assets
- Implications for shareholder continuity and losses of companies
- Tax planning and avoidance considerations
Upon satisfactory completion of this webinar you will be able to:
- Identify the issues to consider when a personal relationship ends
- Advise clients whether a RPA is appropriate for their circumstances having regard to the tax implications
- Provide tax input to clients and other professional advisors involved in the preparation of RPAs
Duration: 1.25 CPD hours
- Accountants with a client base that requires regular advice and guidance regarding ending personal relationships
- Lawyers regularly preparing and providing advice in relation to RPAs
Andrea Lai, Senior Manager – Tax Advisory, Findex
Andrea is a tax advisor and a senior manager with Findex. She provides advice on the full spectrum of tax matters, ranging from individual issues through to complex corporate or financing transactions.
- 14 April 2021
10:00 am - 11:15 am