We will discuss:
- Payroll issues, real life examples, and calculations
- KiwiSaver and who can opt out
- Obligations of both employers and employees in dealing with workplace bullying and stress
- Case law examples
Upon satisfactory completion of this activity you will be able to:
- Understand common payroll issues, key concepts and how they are practically applied
- Have a practical understanding of how to calculate pay using examples
- Understand KiwiSaver legislation and the total remuneration approach
- Gain practical tips for both employers and employees in dealing with workplace bullying and stress
- Understand the crossover between employment law and health and safety law and how to manage these competing obligations
Duration: 1.25 CPD hours (one hour + 15 mins Q&A)
Employers, Managers, HR and Accountants and any other person with input into payroll services and wanting to keep up to date with their obligations and legislative requirements.
Janet Copeland, Managing Partner, Copeland Ashcroft Law
Janet is the Managing Partner of Copeland Ashcroft Law, and president of the Southland branch of the New Zealand Law Society. With over 25 years’ experience in employment and health and safety law, Janet also has extensive governance experience having been involved in governance roles across a range of sectors including national sporting codes, netball franchises, tertiary education and local government.
Janet predominately acts for employers and has significant experience in the aged care, transport, tourism, education, construction, health, non-profit, agriculture, local government, trades and professional services areas.
- 2 June 2021
2:00 pm - 3:15 pm