GST is part of everyday life in New Zealand. Being so much a part of everything we do in business, the basics of this tax are often taken for granted or overlooked. In most cases the GST impact of a transaction is straight-forward. In some cases a lack of understanding of the basics can lead to costly mistakes. This webinar will provide a clear analysis of the basics of the legislation and will give attendees the tools they need to work with GST.
Specifically we will cover:
- The difference between taxable and zero-rated supplies
- Going concerns
- What a supply is
- Exempt supplies
- The requirements for registration
- What constitutes a taxable activity
- How to determine the value and time of a supply
- The requirements of a tax invoice
- The GST accounting methods and periods
Upon satisfactory completion of this activity you will be able to:
- Identify the rules and their application
- Be confident in the basics of GST
- Better understand rules that apply to areas encountered everyday
Total CPD Hours: 1 hour and 15 minutes
This is an introduction to GST and would best suit anybody beginning work in an accountancy practice or a financial position within a business. It would also be a great refresher for those who have worked with GST for some time.
Mike Hadwin, Director, Symmetry Advisory
Mike has been a regular presenter for TEO Training for 18 years. You’ll learn from Mike’s 30-plus years of tax experience as a public CA and facilitator. His clear presentation style enables you to quickly understand and apply practical learning concepts to common situations you may face in your role.
- 19 October 2021
2:00 pm - 3:15 pm