This webinar will take an in depth look at forestry costs and income, and the treatment of forestry emissions units upon derivation and disposal. The session will include discussion of the spreading of forestry income to maximise marginal tax rates.
Upon satisfactory completion of this activity you will be able to:
- appreciate the detail and nuances of the Tax Act’s treatment of forest planting
- articulate the timing of forest income including the granting of timber rights and the spreading of forestry income
- describe the intricacies of the acquisition and disposal of forestry emissions units
Duration: 1.25 CPD hours
- senior primary sector accountants
- tax aware intermediate level accountants
Jim Gordon, Director, Jim Gordon Tax Ltd
Jim Gordon FCA started preparing farm accounts in 1974. He has been involved with almost all of the primary sector tax reforms since 1986. Jim brings a wide range of both theoretical and practical experience to his presentations.
- 27 October 2021
10:00 am - 11:15 am