This webcast provides an opportunity to review professional ethics applicable to accountants. For those who are members of CAANZ, the webcast will allow you to meet the requirement to undertake four hours of ethics training every five years.
The webcast will focus on the ethical standards of CAANZ, including:
- an introduction to ethics
- a review of what ethics are
- an overview of the Code of Ethics
- key ethical principles
- making ethical decisions and
- the consequences of unethical behaviour
Specific requirements of the code of ethics will be reviewed in more detail. The webcast will cover ethical requirements and issues for those in practice and those in business (employees).
Please note this course does not cover ethics in relation to audit or assurance work.
The 3 hour webcast will be followed up with a 1 hour question and answer webinar
Upon satisfactory completion of this activity you will have:
- An increased understanding or a refresher of the requirements of the CAANZ/NZICA code of ethics
- Met the CAANZ/NZICA requirement for training on ethics
- Greater awareness to identify what options might be available to evaluate which might be the most appropriate course of action.
Total CPD Hours: 3 hours (+ 1 Hour Q&A webinar)
This course will be suited to all accountants who are members of CAANZ/NZICA, whether you are an accountant in public practice,
working for a not for profit organisation, working in local/central government or you are corporate accountant.
Mike Hadwin, Director, Symmetry Advisory
Mike has been a regular presenter for TEO Training for 18 years. You will learn from Mike’s 35-plus years of tax experience as a public
CA and facilitator. His clear presentation style enables you to quickly understand and apply practical learning concepts to common
situations you may face in your role.
- 20 May 2020
9:30 am - 12:30 pm