This webinar will review the rules that apply to specific entertainment expenses to limit their tax deductibility to only 50%.
The webinar will discuss which business-related entertainment expenses are 50% deductible and which are 100% deductible.
Specifically, the webinar will cover
- What is entertainment
- Exclusion from 50% deductibility
- Entertainment compared to:
- Taxable allowance
- Dealing with extra benefits & employee contributions
- The GST Adjustment required
Satisfactory completion of this course will:
- understand the rules and principles better
- identify relevant tax issues with entertainment
- have a greater awareness of tax implications in each of the areas
Total CPD Hours: 1
Employers, Corporate Accountants, and anybody in public practice making decisions about deductibility of entertainment expenditure in their
business and/or client businesses.
Mike Hadwin, Director, Symmetry Advisory Ltd
Mike has been a regular presenter for TEO Training for 18 years. You’ll learn from Mike’s 35-plus years of tax experience as a public CA and
facilitator. His clear presentation style enables you to quickly understand and apply practical learning concepts to common situations you may
face in your role.
- 24 November 2020
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm