Businesses cannot always find the talent they are after in New Zealand. Therefore, they look internationally to find the right people to grow their business. Historically, this could have resulted in the employee being relocated to New Zealand or the location they are needed. Now, however, with borders being closed, businesses are finding new and innovative ways for “people expertise” to be provided from wherever the employee is currently located.
This webinar seeks to work through:
- A high-level recap of the New Zealand employee/contractor distinction.
- when New Zealand employment taxes may apply to employees;
- when there may be overseas employment tax implications;
- potential allowances that may be provided, and trends relating to these;
- common pitfalls with international employee relocations;
- tax equalisation, or assignment tax policies.
If you’re looking to employ people outside New Zealand for a New Zealand business, or you’re looking to employee New Zealanders in an offshore business, this webinar is for you.
Following this webinar you will be able to:
- Understand when New Zealand may impose employment taxes such as PAYE, FBT and ESCT.
- Identify when another jurisdiction may also seek to impose taxes, and what the risks are to the business and their employees of this.
- understand what mitigating actions may be available, including measures that ease pressure on cash-flows.
- Understand when tax assignment policies should be used, and identify the benefits and pitfalls of these.
Total CPD Hours: 1.25
If you have recently hired an overseas based employee, are seeking to expand your business internationally, are looking to relocate employees
internationally now or when Covid-19 measures and volatility eases, this webinar is for you.
Aimed at in-house finance teams, CFOs, payroll administrators and human resource specialists, and those advising such teams on international
recruitment or employee relocations. This is equally relevant to those advising employees who have accepted a cross-border role either to
New Zealand or from New Zealand to another country.
Richard Muth, Senior Manager – Tax Advisory, Findex/Crowe
Richard Muth is an experienced taxation practitioner at Findex / Crowe having more than 10 years of experience with clients ranging from large
multinational groups, Australasian groups, New Zealand based SMEs along with high net worth individuals.
A core specialty of Richard’s is helping those who are looking to call New Zealand home understand what this means for them from a tax
viewpoint. Richard also helps those looking to take up opportunities overseas understand how New Zealand will or will not tax them while they are away.
- 22 October 2020
10:00 am - 11:15 am