The purpose of this webinar is to explore the Consolidated Group rules and their application to SMEs, in particular focusing on income tax and GST.
We will focus on:
- Advantages of the consolidated group rules
- Disadvantages of the consolidated group rules
- Situations when the rules are useful
- Pitfalls of the regimes
- Ability to group for just GST
- Maximising use of imputation credits
- Dividends within a consolidated group
Upon satisfactory completion of this activity you will be able to:
- Have a better understanding of the regimes and when they may be useful to you or clients.
- Understanding the issues that can arise from the regimes.
Total CPD Hours: 1 (incl. 15 min. Q&A)
Accountants and other professionals advising their clients on income tax and GST.
Content will primarily be targeted at experienced advisors who have an understanding, but not necessarily deep knowledge of the topic areas covered.
Ryan Watt, Partner – Tax Advisory, Findex/Crowe
Ryan has a wide range of clients from privately owned New Zealand companies to multinational groups, to whom he provides a broad spectrum of tax,
mergers and acquisitions, and transaction services advice.
Ryan specialises in providing advice on international tax, mergers and acquisitions/transaction services, corporate tax matters, property tax and trans-Tasman tax implications.
- 24 August 2021
10:00 am - 11:00 am