This webinar will provide guidance to AML Compliance officers and anyone else with exposure to AML/CFT compliance activities.
- Your responsibility as an AML/CFT Reporting Entity
- The “CAANZ Exemption” – what’s covered and what’s not
- The supervisor’s approach and what happens if you get it wrong
- What is the money laundering cycle?
- The red flags that you need to keep an eye on
- What is suspicious and how do I report it?
Upon satisfactory completion of this activity you will be able to:
- Understand what AML due diligence is and what rules apply to your firm
- Understand why creating a base AML profile for new clients is key
- Explain what the key red flags and typologies of money laundering are to better identify suspicious activities and transactions in your business.
Any person who has exposure to AML/CFT tasks or responsibilities in their firm
Total CPD Hours: 1.25 (1 hour 15 min)
Royden McGee, Head of AML/CFT, Strategi
Royden completed a 30-year career with Inland Revenue which included 15- years leading investigation teams targeting tax evasion, fraud, and other financial crime cases.
During this time, Royden also trained NZ and Australian police detectives at the NZ police College on ‘how to investigate money laundering’ as part of their investigations.
In 2018 he left IR and established his own AML/CFT consulting business, offering AML consulting and audit services. He is currently with Strategi as their Head of AML/CFT Services.
21 November 2023
2:00 pm - 3:15 pm