PLEASE NOTE: Our credit card facility is temporarily down. We are transitioning to a new payment gateway as the old one is no longer compatible with our ecommerce system. We apologise for this inconvenience, which is outside of our control. In the meantime, to place an order, please click here to download our course order form. 30/11/2020
Knowing how and when to apply the adjustment provisions of the GST Act can be complicated and confusing. In this webinar, we will go through the different adjustment rules that can apply when there is mixed or various use of property. We will also touch on the IRD’s view on changes in use due to COVID.
The session will provide an overview of the rules and how they might apply with practical examples.
In particular the webinar will cover:
- Implications when a previously owned asset is brought into a taxable activity
- Impact on assets if a person ceases to be registered for GST
- COVID impact
- Concurrent use of assets (taxable and non-taxable use at the same time)
- The different forms of Mixed Use adjustments
- Examples of varied use (change of use rules)
- Associated Use
The webinar will cover a variety of practical examples, addressing how the adjustment provisions apply to real estate and other assets, and taking into
account the IRD’s publications on short-term accommodation, and mixed use of assets.
Upon satisfactory completion of this activity you will be able to:
- Understand when the change of use adjustment or mixed-use adjustment rules apply
- How to calculate an adjustment under these adjustment rules
- Apply these to practical situations
Total CPD Hours: 1.5 (1.25 hour + 15 min Q&A)
Accountants at all levels.
Daniel Gibbons, Partner, Findex/Crowe
Daniel is a Partner for Findex in Queenstown. Daniel has been with Findex for 13 years, where he advises on a wide range of tax matters, including property
transactions and property ownership structures, international taxation issues, the tax treatment of investments and providing structuring advice to clients,
including assistance for family group restructures. Daniel is recognised as a leader in the taxation treatment of short stay accommodation, providing training
to other practitioners.
- 10 February 2021
10:00 am - 11:30 am