Learn about the differences between Change of Use and Mixed Use Adjustments for GST.
Knowing how and when to apply the adjustment provisions of the GST Act can be a complicated and confusing experience.
In this webinar, we will go through the different adjustment rules that can apply when there is a change of use of an asset and
when an asset is subject to mixed use.
The session will provide an overview of the rules and how they might apply with practical examples.
In particular the webinar will cover:
- Implications when a previously owned asset is brought into a taxable activity
- Impact on assets if a person ceases to be registered for GST
- Concurrent use of assets (taxable and non-taxable use at the same time)
- The different forms of Mixed Use adjustments
- Associated Use
The webinar will cover a variety of practical examples, including, how the adjustment provisions apply to real estate and
taking into account the IRD’s recent publications on short term accommodation.
Upon satisfactory completion of this activity you will be able to:
- Understand when the change of use adjustment and mixed-use adjustment rules apply
- How to calculate an adjustment under these adjustment rules
- Apply these to practical situations
Total CPD Hours: 1.25
Accountants at all levels
Daniel Gibbons, Associate Partner, Findex/Crowe
Daniel is an Associate Partner for Findex/Crowe in Queenstown. Daniel has been with Findex/Crowe for 12 years, where he
advises on a wide range of tax matters, including property transactions and property ownership structures, international taxation
issues, the tax treatment of investments and providing structuring advice to clients, including assistance for family group
restructures. Daniel is recognised as a leader in the taxation treatment of short stay accommodation, providing training to other
- 1 September 2020
10:00 am - 11:15 am