Learn about the differences between Change of Use and Mixed-Use Adjustments for GST.
Knowing how and when to apply the adjustment provisions of the GST Act can be a complicated and confusing
experience. In this webinar, we will go through the different adjustment rules that can apply when there is a change
of use of an asset and when an asset is subject to mixed use.
The session will provide an overview of the rules and how they might apply with practical examples.
In particular the webinar will cover:
- Implications when a previously owned asset is brought into a taxable activity
- Impact on assets if a person ceases to be registered for GST
- Concurrent use of assets (taxable and non-taxable use at the same time)
- The different forms of Mixed-Use adjustments
- Associated Use
The webinar will include a variety of practical examples, including, how the adjustment provisions apply to real estate
and taking into account the IRD’s recent publications on short-term accommodation and how change of use rules could apply.
Upon satisfactory completion of this activity you will be able to:
- Understand when the change of use adjustment and mixed-use adjustment rules apply
- How to calculate an adjustment under these adjustment rules
- Apply these to practical situations
Total CPD Hours: 1.25
Suited to: Accountants at all levels
Daniel Gibbons, Partner, Findex/Crowe
Daniel is an Partner for Findex/Crowe in Queenstown. Daniel has been with Findex/Crowe for 12 years, where he
advises on a wide range of tax matters, including property transactions and property ownership structures,
international taxation issues, the tax treatment of investments and providing structuring advice to clients, including
assistance for family group restructures. Daniel is recognised as a leader in the taxation treatment of short stay
accommodation, providing training to other practitioners.
- 1 September 2020
10:00 am - 11:15 am