In most cases the GST impact of a transaction is straightforward. In cases where it is not, the wrong decision can be a costly exercise. Over the years there have been a number of issues or transactions that regularly provide a challenge. This webinar intends to review a number of the challenging areas and shed some light on the issues. Rather than just a technical analysis, real life situations will also be explored.
Specifically, we will cover:
- Zero rating of land sales where the land will not be used completely in a taxable activity
- Dealing with Associated Persons
- What is a Taxable Activity?
- Deregistration too soon and too late
Upon satisfactory completion of this activity you will be able to:
- identify the rules and their application
- express with confidence how GST applies in the situations covered
- understand more clearly the rules that apply to areas not encountered everyday
Duration: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Although the webinar covers specific GST issues the webinar would suit anybody at intermediate level or higher working in an accountancy practice providing services to GST registered activities.
It is suitable for corporate accountants, those in public practice, those working in law and accounting and general business.
Mike Hadwin, Director, Symmetry Advisory
Mike is a regular presenter for TEO Training for 18 years. You’ll learn from Mike’s 30-plus years of tax experience as a public CA and facilitator. His clear presentation style enables you to quickly understand and apply practical learning concepts to common situations you may face in your role.
- 10 November 2021
10:00 am - 11:15 am