This course covers key tax considerations and common pitfalls that advisors and their clients need to be aware of when paying a dividend from a close company. It will also review the different types of dividends that can arise under income tax legislation. The course will provide a review of practical issues with a clear analysis of the tax law and practice, using examples to illustrate the issues.
These include the following:
- General Dividend Issues
- Non-Cash Dividends
- Distributions on Wind Up
Upon satisfactory completion of this webinar you will be able to:
- understand the rules and principles better
- identify relevant tax issues
- have a greater awareness of tax implications in each of the areas.
Total CPD Hours: 1.5 (75 mins + 15 min Q&A)
- intermediate through to advanced accountants in public practice who are dealing with close companies and their shareholders
- corporate accountants of close companies.
Mike Hadwin, Director, Symmetry Advisory
Mike is a regular presenter for TEO Training. You will learn from Mike’s 35-plus years of tax experience as a public CA and facilitator. His clear presentation
style enables you to quickly understand and apply practical learning concepts to common situations you may face in your role.
- 27 July 2021
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm